Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 23 minutes
- 1/2 lb. salmon fillets, skin removed
- small handful fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 tbsp panko crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- freshly ground pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- Once you've removed the skin from the salmon, chop the salmon into cubes. Put the salmon cubes into a food processor, and give the food processor several brief pulses to shred the salmon (do not purée the salmon).
- Transfer the shredded salmon to a large bowl. Add the chopped parsley, chopped shallots, dijon, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Give everything a stir to combine.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix everything together for about 30 seconds to make sure everything is mixed super well.
- Use your hands to create 6 to 7 patties with the salmon mixture, being sure to first play around with the salmon mixture in your hands a bit, bunching it up together so that the warmth of your hands makes the mixture a bit stickier, before forming the patty shapes.
- Pour a thin layer of vegetable oil all along the bottom of a large pan. Place the pan over high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the salmon patties to the pan and lower the heat to medium. Cook each side for about 3 to 4 minutes until dark golden and crisp.
- Serve the salmon croquettes barely warm with some greens and optionally a garnishment like hollandaise sauce.